Week 24: Way Past The Halfway Mark!

Monday, February 22, 2016

I wanted to do a post during Week 20; the halfway point. But I procrastinated a bit, and wham! Before I knew it, the Friday that just passed was Week 24!

Time is starting to fly now that the symptoms are subsiding. And I'm getting really nervous as the days of freedom are getting limited.

Let's see what's been going on recently pregnancy-wise...

1. Zika Virus
"Oh great, the epidemic have to happen when I'm pregnant." This must be what all pregnant women around the world are thinking nowadays.

Between my last post and now, Zika Virus has suddenly exploded and forcefully captured the world's attention. Although the virus hasn't reached Singapore, I live everyday in paranoia. 2 days ago, I got bitten by a mosquito on the back of my hand and I FREAKED OUT. The primary concern is that 80% of the people who got the virus shows no symptoms. So for all we know, the virus has been silently infiltrating the population for all we know.

And I keep forgetting to put on my insect repellent. And it's way too hot to cover myself from head to toe when I go out. I've been keeping away from parks and gardens, and known mosquito hotspots.


2. The Baby Bump
My tummy is finally showing. Sort of. I have to wear really tight dresses before people go "Oh baby bump!" Otherwise, it just disappears into normal tees and airy dresses. But it IS turning into some sort of mini table.

My BMI is now 20.4. I miss my BMI reading of 18, and have to keep reminding myself that I'm sharing 20.4 with another human being. Hey baby, please return my flat tummy to me after you come out ok!


3. Sleeping Position
Having a growing fetus means sleeping woes. Although tummy is not quite that big yet, I can no longer lie facing up for longer than 10 minutes before feeling uncomfortable. And forget about lying face down. I haven't been able to do that since OHSS.

For some reason, lying on the left side was more comfortable than lying on the right side, where there is a slight pain in my lower abdomen. Dr Google says lying on the left side is better too, because the liver in on the right. Well, whatever my body fancies.

And Hubby bought me a maternity pillow for my birthday which just passed. It has the cutest name ever: "Big Flopsy". I mean, how do you not want to hug something called the Big Flopsy!! (Review on Big Flopsy coming up soon)



4. The Flying Kick!
For the longest time, I thought my tummy was rumbling with gas. Until various ex-pregnant mommies confirmed that it's the baby. It's something like rolling waves over a small area; really fast.

And one day, I'm totally convinced when the sudden jab from inside my tummy felt like a disgruntled kick from a little baby. The feeling was like a variation of the waves.

My favorite ultrasound so far; baby's foot!

5. Darling, please get along with my Bladder
During Week 20's scan, I saw the little one punching repeatedly.. at what I assume the general direction of my bladder.

The little one seems to be mortal enemies with my bladder. My toilet runs when I attempt to sleep are an average of 2-5 times a night. To hell with the people who goes "sleep now while you still can". No sweeties, I have forgotten what it was like to sleep through the night. The last time was before the ovum pick up and pre-OHSS days.


Coming Friday's my next clinic visit. No scan this time. I've also been having lots of sharp pains when I walk. Hope everything's fine...

This was from Week 20!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You are reader number:

All Rights Reserved by Taru

All Rights Reserved by Taru