Chabuton Tonkotsu Ramen

Thursday, October 1, 2015


Chabuton has gotta be one of my favorite ramen places in town. At the moment that is; before my fickle tummy flutters to another gastronomical wonderland.

I love ramen! But the thing about ramen is.. they're really fattening. All that broth simmered in pork bones for hours means all the fatty parts are in the delicious golden broth. And that thin slice of Char Siew is usually not thin at all! So I try to moderate my intake.

But right after my very 1st fresh embryo transfer yesterday (3rd transfer in all counting the previous 2 thaw cycles), I had an insane craving for that salty golden broth.

I usually order the Tonkotsu ramen, junior version at Chabuton. It's served in a really small bowl that looks somewhat like a jumbo mug instead. The portion is half of the already small bowl. Yes, it's all very underwhelming, and usually just barely enough to satisfy my cravings. The tiny portion also allows me re-assure myself that I'm not getting carried away with the calories.

It was heavenly eating this right after my embryo transfer as I hadn't eaten in 18 hours (I had to fast before the procedure). Sadly, right afterwards, the OHSS cramps kicked in. The pain had given me a break since I last took the anti-barfing pill, but it seemed unhappy that I was enjoying myself with food too much.

Oh man.. I feel like eating this right now again. The next time I go, I'll try to take more pictures of the grub.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You are reader number:

All Rights Reserved by Taru

All Rights Reserved by Taru